Rachel Notley uses the Western Premiers Meeting to try again to make the case for the Transmountain Pipeline while BC files suit against her Bill 12. Kinder Morgan also won two more lawsuits while they face another. Then, we turn our attention to the first year of Andrew Scheer’s leadership over the Conservative Party of Canada.
Check out our partner! BC Today is a brand new daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for 25% off of a subscription if you decide to continue. Start your trial at britishcolumbiatoday.ca
And find us some positive tweets on #bcpoli to share with us @politicoastpod and #BestOfBCPoli
Segment 1: We can’t walk and chew gum at the same time
- Notley boycotts Western Premiers Meeting
- Pharmacare doesn’t grow on trees
- BC statement of claim against Bill 12
- Kinder Morgan wins against Vancouver & Squamish Nation in court
Segment 2: A Scheer Year
- Class action lawsuit over speculation tax
- BC considers suing opioid manufacturers
- BC Ferries cancels planned end to fuel rebate
— VaughnPalmer (@VaughnPalmer) May 23, 2018
Here's a link once more to the most exhaustive story I will (probably) do all year.
— Justin McElroy (@j_mcelroy) May 22, 2018