Bill Morneau has a bit of good news this week as he announces smaller than projected deficits, which means the Liberals can continue spending on new and expanded programs.
Then we speak to former Alberta Education Minister David King about his new petition for a referendum to end the separate Catholic school system in that province.
Plus an extra dose of quick takes from Vancouver, BC and Canadian political news.
Segment 1: Bill’s Tricks and Treats
- The federal fiscal update and coverage
- Diabetes Canada upset by CRA changes
- Liberals vote down NDP motion to close ethics loophole
Segment 2: David King has an IDEA
- Our IDEA petition
- Notley’s comments on Catholic sex ed proposals
- Another idea from EPSB Trustee Michael Janz (we didn’t mention this in the show)
- With Andrea Reimer stepping down, Charlie Smith thinks Vision should close up the tent
- Vancouver AirBnB hearings
- Road pricing consultations started – join the #ItsTimeMV consultation
- Horgan thinks of moving Family Day and ending Daylight Savings Time
- BC fish farm drama
- BC gives one week for cannabis consultation – respond here
- BC rent control loophole closed
- Federal byelection results