Trudeau’s first minority speech from the Throne, how the BC Liberals turned a blind eye to the foreign detention of one of their own and the premier’s meeting.
A look at the BC NDP’s convention and end of the 2019 legislative session; how the federal Conservative and NDP leadership teams are shaping up; and why Victoria’s AggregateIQ is attracting international attention.
The Trudeau Liberal’s 2017 budget is out. Did they manage to find enough red ink to get it printed in time?
Next, the Conservative leadership race is embroiled in another scandal as over 1300 inappropriately signed up members are struck from the party’s list.
Then a quick dive into Alberta politics as we catch up on how Jason Kenney is making waves in the province.
Subscribe and do all the things. It’s also #TryPod month so secretly trick your friends into listening to this (or any other) podcast.
Innovate the middle class
- Budget 2017 PDF
- Budget highlights via CBC
- Budget printing costs rise
- Andrew Coyne on the budget
- Lefty analyses from CCPA
Jason Kenney’s Wild Rose Ride
- BC Conservatives can haz policy too
- Vancouver Sun investigation into big BC Liberal donors doing “big business” with government
- BC political finance bill dies
- BC Government sued over partisan taxpayer funded ads
- BC NDP to side with mayors against Massey Tunnel replacement
- Ontario looks at rent control
- Andrew Potter’s controversial take on Quebec and subsequent resignation from McGill
The Trudeau Liberals are proposing some changes to the way the House of Commons functions. Ian & Scott look at whether these will improve civility or stifle opposition. Then, Christy Clark’s bill to solve BC’s fundraising scandals is out and it’s somewhat underwhelming. What really was the point of this? And we look at the state of the NDP leadership race following their first debate – or, more accurately, group icebreaker.
Finally, big news this week as we announce our partnership with TheDarkHorse.Report This new Vancouver-based blog looks to make politics more accessible and already has a nice poll aggregator to keep up with the upcoming BC election. Check it out, where you can find our latest episodes and more great analysis.
March is #TryPod month so help spread the word about this and other great podcasts. Make it your goal to get a friend hooked on podcasts before the end of the month.
Changing the rules of the game
Doing nothing is something
Agree to Agree
- NDP Leadership Debate video
- Niki Ashton ‘to the left’ cultural appropriation
- Pat Stogran considers leadership bid
- Brian Graffe sues NDP for being refused permission to run