Because we love you (or at least the sound of our own voices), here’s a bonus episode this week! Here we feature some of Scott Gilmore’s “New Conservatives” dinner party, thoughts of some of the people there and our hot take after. Then we take a quick look at the Comey firing.
And we thought we wouldn’t have a lot to talk about after the election!
Here’s the first of our special double-header this week. In this part we do our first of what’s probably going to become an ongoing series deconstructing what just happened in the BC election. Plus we throw in our quick takes on a number of federal government stories.
- Elections BC preliminary results
- Kevin Milligan’s estimation of the chances of absentee ballots flipping a seat
- Senate defence report
- Liberals pass only 17 bills
- Liberals spend $22,000 on SnapChat filters
- Federal infrastructure bank gets one day at committee
- Trudeau says ‘rebuild better’ after floods and Scott Gilmore says fuck ’em
- Federal Court strikes down second class citizenship provisions
- Bill to ban tankers off North BC coast tabled
The second half of our election night live show! We still didn’t know who won as of 11 PM – the Liberals and NDP were tied at 42 with the Greens holding the 3-seat balance of power (exactly Scott’s projections) – but we recorded some thoughts and took some listener questions. Thanks to everyone who came out, Our first live show was a huge success and we hope to see you at the next thing! Thanks also to Eli for sponsoring our drinks tonight, any sloppiness in our analysis is due to the alcohol and fine staff at Yagger’s.
Special announcement! We have a live election night party coming up at Yagger’s in downtown Vancouver on May 9 at 7 PM. RSVP on Facebook.
It’s our final pre-election show! We sit down with Bryan Breguet of www.tooclosetocall.ca to talk polls, election models and predicting the outcome of Tuesday’s election. Then we dive further into the election as a whole. Finally, we look at what fundraising data means for the Conservative and NDP leadership races.
- Weaver’s comments to GlobalNews
- Elections BC Statistics
- Saskatchewan invokes the notwithstanding clause
- Harjit Sajjan in hot water
- Senate ethics committee recommends Don Meredith be expelled
- Further HuffPost Canada investigations into Meredith
- Vancouver to “ban” natural gas and BC Liberals retaliate
- Just awful comments from Shaughnessy property owners
Thanks again to Bryan. Apologies for any background noise during that interview, we recorded outside in downtown Vancouver.