We check in on Canada’s desperate attempts to save NAFTA and how BC’s paper industry narrowly avoided massive US tariffs.
Check out our partner!
Check out our partner: BC Today is the daily newsletter dedicated exclusively to BC Politics. Sign up for a free two-week trial and listen to the episode for your code for an exclusive subscription deal if you decide to continue. Start your trial at britishcolumbiatoday.ca
Segment 1: Putting the No in North American Free Trade Agreement
There’s plenty of coverage of NAFTA out there and it’s changing constantly. Here are just a couple links we relied on or referred to.
- The Star coverage of Trump’s “off the record” comments
- The Star following up with more Trump stuff
- Trump’s comments at a rally
- Some details on agricultural debates
- Paper tariffs overruled
- Sasquatch case judgment
- Vice-Admiral Norman trial date set
- New BC spill response on hold
- BC Organic certification rules in effect
- Meta-analysis suggests organic not necessarily better for environment
- Systematic review suggests no evidence organic foods are healthier
- Canada, BC governments were late on paying tolls
- Welcome the Rural BC Party