With the growth we’ve had since launching in October, and particularly following the historic 2017 BC election, we think it’s time to see what we can really do with this podcast. That’s why we’re launching a Patreon page to ask you to help us build this show into all that it can be.
Don’t worry, we’ll still do our regular episode each week, but we’d love the flexibility to do more – interviews, emergency episodes, deep dives – and make some of that available early or exclusively to our biggest fans. Join the PolitiCoast Community on Patreon.
In this week’s episode: The NDP & Greens came to a historic alliance to bring down the BC Liberals. Andrew Scheer in the surprise new leader of the Conservative Party of Canada. And Quebec wants to open the constitution. Plus our usual quick takes.
- The text of the NDP-Green deal
- The Globe and Mail on how the deal was done
- BC Legislature standing orders
- Conservative leadership results
- Complaints about the process and voting irregularities
- Urban-rural divide and Trost v Chong
- Quebec to reopen constitutional debates
- Quebec’s consultation document (English)
- Nova Scotia election analysis
- Two Liberals break ranks to vote for electoral reform report
- Tom Mulcair’s forgive Karla Homolka comments
- Trudeau’s statement on Trump pulling out of Paris climate agreement
- Giant rubber duck in Toronto harbour