A massive story this week in The Globe and Mail demonstrates that BC does actually have at least one campaign finance law – and it may have been broken in BC. What will this mean for the BC Liberals and will they fix it next week?
Then, we delve into a series of stories about efforts to point the blame and provide patchwork solutions to the Vancouver housing crisis. Will any of them actually work?
Finally, a boatload of quick takes in what was a pretty eventful week in Canadian politics.
As always, make sure to subscribe, leave a review and tell a friend about us.
BC political fundraising
- The Globe and Mail expose
- Elections BC announces probe
- RCMP takes over investigation
- BC Liberals accept foreign donations
- Register to vote!
Vancouver housing crisis
- Character home review to be reviewed
- Gregor Robertson gives a speech
- Minister calls for faster permits
- Vancouver pilots faster development permit approval
- Density at transit hub says Minister
- Niki Ashton jumps into NDP leadership race
- Watch the Ottawa NDP Leadership Debate (Sunday, 11 AM PST)
- Study into Victoria commuter rail
- Senator wants to talk about the good side of residential schools
- Preston Manning likes carbon taxes
- Kevin O’Leary does not like carbon taxes – particularly Rachel Notley’s
- Genetic discrimination bill passes, despite Liberal leadership objection
- Ride-sharing coming to BC
- Forum poll on electoral reform backtrack