Pod Keep Our Land’s Erin Rennie joins us to talk about the spate of political resignations this week following different sexual misconduct allegations. Leaders of the Progressive Conservative parties in Ontario and Nova Scotia stepped down, as did Liberal federal cabinet minister Kent Hehr.
But first, we check in on the state of the BC Liberal leadership race as the last debate was held earlier this week and voting happens next weekend.
Plus our usual quick takes and this week’s #bestofbcpoli
This week’s music: Beautiful Day by Jess Vaira
#bestofbcpoli intro: For this is British Columbia by Greg and Rich
Subscribe to Pod Keep Our Land
Segment 1: More Enterprise than an episode of Star Trek
- Global News recap of final BC Liberal Leadership debate
- Wilkinson-de Jong strike deal and Bill Bennett blasts it
- Vaughn Palmer talks membership numbers
- Mainstreet poll
Segment 2: #MeToo comes to #cdnpoli
- Jamie Bailie steps down as Nova Scotia PC leader
- CTV’s report on allegations against Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown
- Brown steps down
- Kent Hehr resigns from cabinet
- Liberals didn’t contact woman who complained about MP Darshan Kang
- Canadian Press survey into female MP’s experience of sexual harassment
- Whisper networks need to go
- Jagmeet Singh on presumption of innocence
- Kerry Jang to not seek reelection for Vancouver council
- BC raids whisky bars
- Yes PR BC society launched visit www.yesprbc.ca
- Kellie Leitch’s political career comes to an end
- TPP deal reached
- Ministry of Health spent over $100,000 on a Twitter account
- Saskatchewan surrenders in the War of the Plates
- Tristin Hopper – How a literal war between SK & AB would play out
Best of #bcpoli
— shane woodford (@WoodfordCHNL) January 24, 2018
On my lunch break, following multiple journo’s live tweeting the #mayorscouncil meeting today. Just a thing I do, like any other normal person.
— Patrick Meehan (@Patmeister) January 25, 2018
Finally, apologies for the audio quality in the first two segments, the gain was a bit high on one of our mics. It gets better after the quick takes.