The results of the Vancouver byelection are in and not even 11% of Vancouverites bothered to vote. Nevertheless, Ian and Scott can surely overanalyze these results to tell you who wins in 2018.
Then we get into the BC NDP and Greens battle over ridesharing and whether it will ever happen in this province. And as a bonus third segment, we look at the bad week that federal Finance Minister Bill Morneau has been having. Then we have a bunch of follow ups and quick takes.
As always, thanks to Lindsay Tedds and all our Patrons for helping make the show possible!
Quick note from Ian: Apologies for the background clicking/noise in this episode. Our mixer or recorder picked up some weird noise and I did my best to filter it out but some got through. Hopefully next week we’ll have sorted out all this fancy gear and actually get our shit together.
Segment 1: Hector the Connector Connected
Segment 2: Ridesharing hits a speed bump
- NDP backs off on ridesharing
- NDP press release blames “Liberal hypocrisy”
- Greens present bill & NDP offers to help opposition draft bills
Segment 3: Morneau he didn’t
- Morenau’s French villa
- Ethics fun for Morneau and millions in dividends
- Small business tax changes follow up one and two
Quick takes & follow ups
- Surrey evictions on hold
- Charges laid in casino crime rings
- Bombardier-Airbus deal
- NAFTA and supply management
- Haggis okayed
- Mike Bernier drops out and BC Liberal Leadership Debate
- Guilty plea in quick wins scandal
- Scheer is a cause with a Rebel