Christy Clark has announced she’s resigning as leader of the BC Liberals – and she did it while we were editing our most recent podcast! So Ian & Scott are back to look forward to what this means for the future of the BC Liberal Party and the state of politics in the province.
Day: July 28, 2017
BC’s new government is ten days old, how are they doing? Then we sat down for an interview with NDP leadership candidate Niki Ashton to discuss her bid. Finally, we give quick takes on Vancouver & Burnaby housing stories, the ongoing Alberta United Conservative Party going ons and Trump’s decision to ban trans people from the military.
Note that as we recorded this, the US Senate was voting on the healthcare bill, so we cut our discussion of that and as we were editing it, Christy Clark announced her resignation, so we don’t discuss that.
You can also find the full interview with Niki Ashton on our Patreon page.
- Government of BC ministerial mandate letters
- David Eby deals with ICBC revenue issues and Kinder Morgan pipeline
- Petronas cancels Pacific Northwest LNG project (that we discussed in episode 1!)
- Niki Ashton’s campaign website
- Vancouver launches affordable rental pilot project
- Burnaby passes Metrotown plan
- Alberta conservative parties both vote 95% for merger
- Backgrounder on Trump trans military ban & US military response