There’s still lots to talk about in BC politics this week. Who will be Andrew Weaver’s dance partner in the coming months? What’s the state of the Conservative and NDP leadership races? And what does pollster Mario Canseco think about the state of BC politics?
Segment 1: Let’s make a deal
The Greens want official party status, electoral reform and campaign finance reform. Everyone else wants to govern. Who has a Green heart and who will be left green with envy?
Segment 2: Who wants to lead a Canadian political party?
Conservative members, it’s your last chance to get your ballots in. Counting starts Friday, May 26 at 5PM with the leader announced the next day.
- “Very high” number of mail-in ballots bitten by voter ID rules
- O’Leary would play role in Bernier leadership
- Rona Ambrose says goodbye to politics, rules out running for Alberta United Conservative Party leadership
- Jagmeet Singh joins NDP leadership race
- Brian Graff sues NDP for blocking candidacy
Segment 3: Mario Canseco interview
- Trump triggers NAFTA renegotiation process
- Senate changes rules
- Senator Stephen Greene kicked from Conservative caucus
- Senator Colin Kenny under ethics investigation
- Alberta First Nation chief to challenge BC North Coast tanker ban