The Vancouver Housing Reset Report, the BC Greens have some policy and a New Conservative Dinner Party.
Segment 1 – Hitting the housing reset button
Vision Vancouver has released a new report that looks at the housing crisis and how to fix it. We take a look at how it holds up and question some of its terminology.
- Metro News coverage
- CBC coverage
- The report itself
- The council presentation
- Auditor General’s report on BC Housing firesales
Segment 2 – Weaving a platform
The BC Greens are slowly but steadily trickling out a platform that shows they’re about more than just hugging trees. But what’s really in there and will it be enough to differentiate the party from the two big voices?
The Story of Mouseland:
Ian’s extra note: After we recorded this, I saw Vaughn Palmer’s alternate take on the Green’s environmental platform. He argues it’s significantly different than the NDP’s. Since I edited this episode, I stand by my analysis for the most part.
Segment 3 – The Right kind of Conservative
Scott Gibson’s “Confessions of a self-loathing Tory” column in Maclean’s is sparking renewed conversation about launching a new Conservative Party, or at least dinner parties toward that goal.
- Liberals to announce marijuana legalization bill
- Forum Research finds budget highly unpopular
- Special prosecutor appointed to BC campaign fundraising scandal
- Canadian Taxpayers Federation criticizes Vancouver City Hall comms staff spending
- Leah McLaren’s odd breastfeeding column and her subsequent suspension
- Canada and Ontario give cash to Ford Canada
- Bombardier execs take payout